Monday, March 1, 2010

Maxi And Chelsea Charms

A capuccino Drawing on the morning

For Lázaro Guzmán
V ivo in 794 of the Normandy Street, two blocks from Interstate 10 east of the city. The area is a typical blue collar neighborhood , as cataloged in the working class neighborhoods in reference to the blue uniforms that are used in most factories. My uniform is blue with white logo Hunting Energy in the left pocket. Normally I work from 6 pm to 6 am, every day, without rest even on a Sunday, but today there were problems with the machines and left at 3 am. It's Friday and I thought I could use some of the night, so I got a shirt that he kept in the box office and left me blue shorts only worker. I drove a while until downtown, looking for any bar or pub where you can hear a live band or recorded music at least. The premises were closed: a real ghost town atmosphere with a backdrop of skyscrapers and highways that intersect. I decided to return home and before I stopped at a gas station to buy a beer. "No beer, sir," the clerk told me embarrassed as if he had seen the devil. Then I remembered that Texas law prohibits the sale of alcohol after 2 am, no drinks no reason for locals to remain open or that people simply choose to walk the streets. Everything is designed for people to go to bed early and get ready for work the next morning. So system works to try to be as efficient as possible. If there is any free time to go shopping to malls to later analysts to study the consumer index and predict the economy.
finally bought a cappuccino and I went cold drink while driving. Upon arrival at the apartment still was not sleepy and missing almost an hour before dawn. I turned on the stereo, not very high to avoid the neighbors complained to the administration of the condominium, and I thought it was good time to put the shower curtain had already purchased a week was still in the package.
already beginning to rise neighbors. The next door are a family of China, yesterday I first saw as he left for work, they were arriving and greeted me with a smile. The opposite is in India. Mrs. usually walk your little girl in the hallways, sometimes I hear the metallic clink of their ethnic necklaces. I never returned the greeting, I do not understand English, but always looks as immutable when he sees me as if I did not exist. I have not yet
living room furniture. Actually I do not know if I decide to completely furnish the apartment, I started from scratch many times and always leaving all belongings behind, this time not worth working. I do not know if it will achieve it anymore a year in Texas, even in the U.S. I think I return to Europe at any time. Hopefully I can return to my old job in Rome. There also all closed at 2 am and no loud concerts around the Vatican not to wake up His Holiness. But the city enveloped in the magic of ancient rites and made me feel alive. Not like now in this nonsense that I find myself involved.
already the sun has risen fully, so I sleep better, tomorrow is another day or another night, I have no idea.
Photo: File Internet.

0 comments:

Post a Comment